Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Wednesday washing

Today the washing got done... and it is hanging on the line... metaphorically speaking. No more tsunamis and that's a promise. Why does this feel like a huge boulder that has been evaporated?
Time for me to take charge as KatieB said and get myself out of this rut... however I stand before a forked road.
One is to chase my dream,
One is to be obedient,
One is to throw caution to the wind.
Then I remember what I had written on Sunday... and especially after reading KatieB's latest posting and I know what my course is going to be, obedience will be my path because in doing so my dreams and desires will find fulfillment.
As a matter of fact my mind is so clear about this that I have changed my blog footer.
Speaking of feet, I was recently reading where Jesus washed the disciples feet and also where His feet were anointed by the woman that others despised. Why do we not do this as often as He asked? We do Communion and laying on of hands but this is rarely done? Especially when we know a person is preparing for a spiritual journey?
John 13
12 After washing their feet, he put on his robe again and sat down and asked, “Do you understand what I was doing?
13 You call me ‘Teacher’ and ‘Lord,’ and you are right, because it is true.
14 And since I, the Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you ought to wash each other’s feet.
15 I have given you an example to follow. Do as I have done to you
16How true it is that a servant is not greater than the master. Nor are messengers more important than the one who sends them.
17You know these things? now do them! That is the path of blessing.
I must take this up with the Pastor...
"When you take charge of your life, there is no longer need to ask permission of other people or society at large. When you ask permission, you give someone veto power over your life." Geoffrey F. Abert

No comments: