Friday, August 20, 2004

Africa... is not for sissies...

Today was awe inspiring, another medal at the Olympics and proof that Africa is not for sissies, we grow 'em tough! Although we won't be ranking top ten I do believe we are puting up a fine performance in Athens.
Just a short one today, maybe only published by Saturday due to time constraints, got to be at the track before 7 am for some serious track building... just hope more rain falls as the track needs all it can get. All this reminds me of Bonnie Tyler and Holding on for a Hero... here is the chourus:
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light
He's gotta be sure
And it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life
So here is to our heroes in Athens and hopefully tomorrow our Rugby heroes in Durban and all the heroes that have come to the party by helping us out tomorrow.
**Nurture your mind with great thoughts; to believe in the heroic makes heroes.** Benjamin Disraeli (1804 - 1881)

No comments: