Tuesday, August 10, 2004

Countdown

Well, we have an event! All the things are in place and even a great sponsorship for some cash prizes! All in all a great team effort, well done guys and gals. I do belive that since I have roped some of the ladies onto the organizing team things have started to happen...
I completly forgot the recipe yesterday, maybe it is a good thing, I think in the mood I was it would have been awefull... will make up for it next monday, a double helping will be served! It is amazing how my mood has improved since last night, must be the re-emergence of positive radiation... It really does help if you force yourself to think and feel positive, almost like a switch that flips over... Got Winamp on a positive beat as well, Alice Deejay going full blast with Will I ever but the lyrics for tonight will be The Final Countdown as made famous by Europe and featured in Rocky 4, one of Sylvester Stallone's classic series of fight movies, not that they were a favourite of mine, I prefered the Rambo series all because I could nitpick the silly combat tactics, just a pity most people relate Special Forces soldiers to this misrepresentation even today. As a veteran I have the utmost respect for these men, especially our own Recces, with their motto We fear naught but God.


The Final Countdown - Europe
We're leaving together
But still it's farewell
And maybe we'll come back
To earth, who can tell?

I guess there is no one to blame
We're leaving ground
Will things ever be the same again?
It's the final countdown...

We're heading for
Venus and still we stand tall
Cause maybe they've seen us and welcome us all
With so many light years to go and things to be found

I'm sure that we'll all miss her so
It's the final countdown...
The final countdown...
It's the final countdown.
And we exit today with this gem:
"ERROR 406: file corrupt: config.earth -- reboot universe? (Y/N)"

No comments: