Monday, August 23, 2004

Mysterious Times

Today we wus robbed... wel not me personally but one of the tellers in the same complex where I have my office... why was I not on time today? I got up early but something just seemed to make me waste a bit of time, made 2 cups of coffee instead of the usual one, decided to change my shoes to sneakers, forgot the car keys after locking the door... I shudder to think what would have happened if I was on time... criminals would not understand that I have nothing to do with the Tellers! Amazing how we are protected by Angels but once you know they are at work it is nothing more than a miracle! Miracles are but a coincedences in laymans terms, but I know better. Truly Mysterious Times...
Lots of blame and fingers being pointed today after the robbery, the fact is the whole setup was ill though and no research was done nor were the promised security systems put in place... More mystery...
Got quite a bit to arrange but tonight I want to chill out and relax and contemplate my next move so to speak... Cold Case is on again and tonights case music has been pretty good. The episode is titled "Greed" and features Culture Club Karma Chameleon Tears for Fears Everybody Wants to Rule The World ZZ Top Sharp-Dressed Man Journey Separate Ways Talk Talk It's My Life Kurtis Blow AJ Scratch Thompson Twins In The Name Of Love Tina Turner Better Be Good To Me Don Henley Dirty Laundry Cyndi Lauper All Through The Night. However I think the lyrics to suit the theme is this one from Sash!
Mysterious Times - Sash!
Life
Mysterious life
Where we're moving around, dancing the rhythm of life.
Time

Mysterious time
Where we're counting the hours and days to the end of our time.

And we're feeling the change and we don't know why
Choose one direction just one more time
Don't say I'm thinking too much if you see what's behind.

[Chorus]
And these are Mysterious Times
Mysterious Times
No trick of the mind
For this moment I feel like we live in Mysterious Times.
If you see what's behind, these are Mysterious Times.

SoulI
feel my soul
For this moment nobody can stop me from flying so high.

Real
Nothing is real
In a world of illusion you only see what you feel.

And we're feeling the change and we don't know why
Choose one direction just one more time
Don't say I'm thinking too much if you see what's behind.

[Chorus]
If you see what's behind, these are Mysterious Times.

Here is the recipe for Track Potjie:
Ingredients
This was for a No 3 pot.
2 Kg lamb or sheep stewing meat, knuckles, neck and any bit not braaiworthy. Not too much fat.
1 Large onion
1 pack Potjie vegetables
1 can tomato & onion mix
1 can 200g tomato paste
2 cans mushrooms in brine, the stalk and offcut type is ok
Some olive oil
Pack fresh herbs for lamb
Pack Maggi Hearty Stew flavouring

Method
Put the pot over a few coals on your braai, have a seperate bank of coals to add from if needed.
Put about 2 tablespoons olive oil in the pot and as soon as it is hot enough start adding the meat and brown.
Add onions after meat has browned.
Add the herbs, throw out the woody bits though.
Add the veggies, add the flavouring and pour the can of paste and tomato mix as well, do not stir!
After 30 min add the mushrooms, brine and all.
Let the pot talk to the coals for at least an hour, add water if needed, the mushroom's should have added enough though. The pot should be ready about 2 hours from when you started. Serve with rice and a salad. Enjoy!

More mystery is the sms I got a while ago... will have to follow it up in the morning, maybe the path is not as rocky as I thought.
"It is better to obey the mysterious direction, without any fuss, when it points to a new road, however strange that road may be. There is probably as much reason for it, if the truth were known, as for anything
else."
H. M. Tomlinson

No comments: