Wednesday, August 04, 2004

Instruments of change

How does one change? I really don't know, all I know is that I am not the same as a few years ago. My theory is that you change from within and from outside, from within due to introspection and self apraisal and from outside through the people you meet and that surround you. Another aspect of change is habits... hard to change unless you use replacement as a means to effect the change, by this I mean learn a new good habit to change/replace a bad one... it works... PIP is an example of this change of habit, when you feel like the world is squashing you... squash back!
Now for something amazing, was browseing the
Tickle site and did the "What is your lucky number" test and got this result: RobC you are a Four!
As a 4, you're no stranger to melodrama. What's that? Are those violins playing gently in the background? And like all good performers, you are in touch with a variety of your inner characters. You've got all the angst of an early '90s garage band, but fortunately it fuels your creative urges and helps you relate to others. When your friends aren't giving you a standing ovation, they're sharing their feelings because you really listen. 4s have an inner Vasco De Gama of sorts, as they fearlessly explore uncharted emotions within. As a Romantic, you enjoy emotion whether it's watching a sappy John Hughes film for the 20th time since high school or pursuing that mysterious lover who doesn't know you exist. But be careful, road kill just might take you a little longer than your friends to get over. And ending a relationship of any kind might send you straight into a depression you oblige with a healthy dose of Peter Gabriel or Enya. At your best, you can harness your emotions like few others to produce unique expressions of yourself. Your need to "feel" might lead you to commit risky acts that could hurt you. Some fellow 4s J.D. Salinger, the Artist-who-can't-stop-changing-his-name-to-Prince, would you care to chime in? But trusting your self-knowledge gives you an advantage that others lack. All in all, it's not a bad gig being a 4.
Sounds crazy but a lot is true... and I have taken this test on three diffrent occasions too! Well on to the violins...
Intrumental music is something that is scarcely heard these days, if it does not have vocals it is not played! I wonder why? I can still remember some great ones from the past like Apache by the
Shadows, thank goodness some groups keep up the tradition. Safri Duo is one as well as Blue Man Group, both use pecussion instruments to get the message across. Then we have the more classical inclined like Vanessa Mae with Destiny as well as Bond the four girl group that play their violins with such passion while still looking stunning. Must get a listen to their new CD Classified. As we have no lyrics today I am signing off with this though provoking poem that has elements of all my thoughts today.

Road Kill - Harry Edward Gilleland


Strange how weird thoughts enter my mind.
I’ll be thinking something, then they jump right in,
like how when I was much younger, I wasn’t so kind,
not as caring and sympathetic as I might have been.

Take whenever I’d be the one to create more road kill :
Once while driving along in my VW bug, windows down,
wind blowing my hair – yes, back then I HAD hair still –
I ran over two huge grasshoppers, with a loud crunching sound.

They were too busy copulating in the middle of the road
to jump away. I shouted “Look! I just squashed a romance.”
(I know, bad as “Frog legs for supper!” for a flattened toad...)
I enjoyed making a joke out of road kill at every chance.

Nobody cares about bugs or toads, but how about a cat?
Once this young cat darted into the street in front of my car.
Hearing the thud, I looked back. He was alive – I saw that...
I said “Well, he’s down to eight! That’s one life he lost so far.”

I drove on my way that day, giving that hurt cat not a care
35 years ago. Nowadays he lives in my dreams, making me cry.
I feel his suffering. I see a child grieving over her pet so dear.
How I hope he survived, that I wasn’t the reason for him to die.

"When someone asks you a question you don't want to answer, smile and ask,'Why do you want to know?'"

No comments: