Sunday, August 22, 2004

Sideways

Sideways... over our biggest jump! Now this is awesome! The track is 99% done and is going to impress all riders! We also had a cookout for the guys doing the work this weekend and all enjoyed the Potjie, Rice and Salad, the exact recipe will be posted on Monday. Thanks for the help D and D!
As far as the rest of my weekend went, sideways is also an apt description, some call it "on hold" I call it sideways. Not that I am complaining, just strange that things have this tendency to hit the Doldrums from time to time, maybe things will pick up next week... Once again watching 007 is saving the day in Tomorrow Never Dies on e-TV's Bond Festival, my favourite is Pierce Brosnan... the best Bond by far imho... No music while I enjoy the movie but here are some lyrics:
I Ran - A Flock of Seagulls
I walked along the avenue.
I never thought I'd meet a girl like you;
Meet a girl like you.
With auburn hair and tawny eyes;
The kind of eyes that hypnotize me through;
Hypnotize me through.

Chorus
And I ran, I ran so far away.
I just ran, I ran all night and day.
I couldn't get away.

A cloud appears above your head;
A beam of light comes shining down on you,
Shining down on you.
The cloud is moving nearer still.
Aurora borealis comes in view;
Aurora comes in view.

Chorus

Reached out a hand to touch your face;
You're slowly disappearing from my view;
Disappearing from my view.
Reached out a hand to try again;
I'm floating in a beam of light with you;
A beam of light with you.

Chorus

And I ran, I ran so far away.
I just ran, I couldn't get away
..

Why these lyrics? Cos my biorythms suck! I seem to be in one of those horrid cycles when one aspect is positive and the rest negative... So time to get out the PIP manual to flush out these negative thoughts. The only "sideways" quote was this rather good one...
**Forgiveness is the healing of wounds caused by another. You choose to let go of a past wrong and no longer be hurt by it. Forgiveness is a strong move to make, like turning your shoulders sideways to walk quickly on a crowded sidewalk. It's your move.** RealLivePreacher.com Weblog, July 7, 2003.

No comments: