Saturday, August 21, 2004

Boys will be boys

Today was great! A was in his element! two tractors and two front end loaders to play with, we bit the bullet and took the two machines because next weekend is on month end and most operators do not work on month end weekend... we have finished about 80% of what we wanted to do... the rest should be done by tomorrow... yeah... motocrossers build tracks on Sundays and boys will be boys... It's just the size of the toys!
Winamp is doing it's thing as I write and once again suitable to the mood... Bee Gees, Saturday night fever as I feel my face is slightly sunburnt... I must get myself a decent hat before summer arrives! Will have to be up bright and early again tomorrow to get all the things organised for our day at the track, I will be doing my Jamie Oliver thing behind a pot of Potjiekos... I may just have the recipe up on Monday's blog. Will have some pics of the trackbuilding up by then as well.
Oh yes! I almost forgot! The Boys came through in Durban! We are the champions! Go Bokke! and more medals in Athens!
Lyrics for the day come from our national anthem as sung at the begining of the game in Durban...
Nkosi Sikeleli Afrika
(Xhosa and Zulu)
Nkosi SikeleliAfrika
Maluphakanyiswu phondo lwayo
Yizwa imithandazo yethu.
Nkosi sikelela
Thina lu sapholwayo.
(Sotho)
Morena boloka Sechaba sa heso
O fedise dintwa le matshwenyeho.
O se boloke O se boloke.
SeChaba sa heso.
SeChaba sa.
South Afrika, South Afrika.
Uit die blou van onse hemel,
Uit die dieptevan ons see,
Oor ons ewige gebergtes waar die kranse antwoord gee.
Sounds the call to come toghether, and united we shall stand,
Let us live and strive for freedom in South Africa, our land.
**I like to see a man proud of the place in which he lives. I like to see a man live so that his place will be proud of him.** Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865)

No comments: