Sunday, August 01, 2004

Life 101 and the wicked twin

Once again the world is made smaller, just got this from my neice and thought I should pass it on here as I feel exactly the same...
"Just heard this message and thought of all the people close to me that are been my friends & family and that are always there for little old me!
YOU ARE ALL SO SPECIAL TO ME!
It's worth the read!
"HUNDRED RAND"
A well known speaker started off his seminar by holding up a R100 note in the room of 200 people, he asked "Who would like this R100 note?"
Hands started going up. He sayed "I am foing to give you this R100 note to one of you - but let me do this"
He proceeded to crumple th R100 note up, he then asked "Who still wants it?"
Still the hands were up in the air.
"Well" he replied, "what if i do this?" He dropped it on the ground and started to grind it into the floor with his shoe. He picked it up, now crumpled and dirty. "Now, who still wants it?"
Still the hand went into the air.
"My friends, you have all learned a valuable lesson. No matter what I did to the money, you still wanted it, because it did not decrease in value. It was still worth R100."
Many times in our lives, we are dropped, crumpled and ground into the dirt by decisions we make and the circumstances that comes our way. We feel as though we are worthless; but no matter what happened or what will happen, you will never lose your value.
Dirty or clean, crumpled or finely creased you are still priceless to those who love you! The worth of our lives comes, not in what wed do or who we know, but by... WHO WE ARE! THANKS! YOU ARE ALL SO SPECIAL!"


Listening to the radio today an old Fleetwood Mac song came up, Go your own way sung by Wilson Phillips, quite a diffent style of the original song but very enjoyable on a lazy sunday morning. Great to see them back together again making cool music. Ok... I love girl groups! Here is a verse or two;
Loving you
Isn't the right thing to do
How can I ever change things
That I feel

If I could
Maybe I'd give you my world
How can I
When you won't take it from me

You can go your own way
Go your own way
You can call it
Another lonely day
You can go your own way
Go your own way

Bought myself Stella Hyde's satirical guide to the Zodiac this week "Blame Your Planet" and have been in stiches since, I loved the write up on my starsign:
On the Darkside, this makes you an unreliable, roguish sociopath with a light finger and the attention span of a hyperactive mayfly.
I just hope I never get to be like this picture! I do relate to the love of adventure bit... that reminds me... I must take back that bike back I took for a test drive last week... they may be needing it...
I am sometimes amazed at how a gentle push can get things moving, hopefully we will be having a race on the 14th of this month, it is great to have a bunch of friends as well in the club... The deadline is the 4th... holding thumbs and hitting the network tomorrow to see what can be rustled up by then. Mmmmm maybe that book has some truth in it! This is the wicked twin signing out for this week...
"Wait until it is night before saying that is has been a fine day." French Proverb

No comments: