Saturday, August 28, 2004

Losers

Had a great day out at the track... got a lot done and the grounds and track proper look good... Then it was on to the Prowlers Poker Run prizegiving to support my friends and who was there? Looking stunning! and in the company of probably the biggest loser this side of the Sahara... (jealousy rearing its ugly head), why does it bother me? I really do not know.. In any case here is the result of tonight's interlude...
Loser - Robert Le Noury
Loser

What does he have that I do not
What does he do that I have not
What does he feel that I do not
What?

Loser
When will he be the one to feel the pain
When will you see that none gain
When will you see that you are the agony
When?

Loser
You had my heart
You had it all in the palms...
My scorned and scorched heart
Why?

Loser
Still I care
Hoping, even dare
Maybe you care...
Who?

Loser
When will you see?
What must I do?
Why should I care?
Who loves you no matter what?
I do...


You are lost... I am found
wanting, waiting
forever aching for you.

Losers never win...
but who is lost
who is found?
Am I the loser or are you?
Well, off to bed to try and recover from my memories and get some rest before we go trackside...
**If at first you don't succeed, find out if the loser gets anything.** Bill Lyon

Edited in retrospect...

No comments: