Saturday, July 10, 2004

And dreams were dreams

Listening to Lionel Richie Just for you makes me think about the universe and the meaning of it all. The lyrics pretty much sum up my feelings of life at present:
God was God
and dreams were dreams
life was all pecan ice cream
truth was true
and lies were lies
and we thought love would never die
but the world moved on
my illusions gone
and I don't know who to blame
We are to blame, the way we let the pressures of life steal time we should be spending with our loved ones, the way we let indiffrence grow until we no longer see the hurt in another persons eyes, the way material things get priority over the simple joys of life, the way we let the media influence our common sense, the way we let politicians intrude on family values, and there is so much, much more.
Enough of that, some lyrics of my own.

Incommunicado - Robert Le Noury

The networks must be down...
You are somewhere on the town.
I dunno where, I dunno why.
Time to spend but not with me.
That tells me we may have no future.
It tears at my heart which is not there,
I forgot,
you took it with you when you kissed me...
The networks must be down...


What can one say... some romance is destined to last but a brief moment in time others last a lifetime. Thank God friendships are not as fickle.

Just got myself the soundtrack of The Punisher and all for the awesome track by Seether, Broken with Amy Lee of Evanescence, this girls voice is amazing and I am trying to get all recordings featuring her. The rest of the album is pretty good too. Just gotta see the movie as well...
As a South African I am particularly proud of Seether making it on the international scene.
"I believe in angels, the kind that heaven sends. I'm surrounded by angels but I call them my best friends."

No comments: