Tuesday, July 13, 2004

Resurfacing, sound the claxon!

Revelation is sometimes so subtle.

Some things work... Sent in my income tax assesments a month ago and what do I see when I logged in this afternoon? Payola! and more than I had worked out as well. Part will be used to pay off that budget account for the Blue Bus/Ou TieR aka my classic (read old) Leyland Mini 1275 circa 1981, most of my mates agree I seem to have picked up a bargain, the car is in good nick rustwise, redone motor and the brakes work... what else does one need? It gives 13k/L wich is pretty good considering I was pushing her a bit too see what would pop... Clocks 130k on the freeway... probably 120k groundspeed, feels like 180 being so close to the tarmac, I forgot how close to a go-kart a mini feels... Great stuff...

This comes back to yesterdays thoughts on PIP = positive image projection, I made it up! Henceforth to be used in place of Positivity... Yeeeugh... My PIP must be working because a lot of things are just working in my life. Even the boss is not pissed because my buget projection has not been completed yet, not my fault the vendor was in Nippon on a trip? Better not push it though... the report has to be done by Wednesday afternoon...

Now I need to get my PIP working on my lovelife...

To be continued after the Flat Track comitee meeting...
Meeting over, 2 hours flat and then a walk down memory lane... I must say it is going much better than last year, the team all know their jobs and get down and do it... Next one will be more difficult as we have to get a MotoX team off the ground to organise the next regional but I see no real problems as most of the guys want to be involved... especially if it involves a few six packs after the sweat...

Tea Freaks... where do they come up with the names sometimes? Music is good though, Arms of Orion has a great rythym. I keep getting weird looks when I play this stuff? Techno, Trance, House... all cool stuff with great beats, then they wonder why I love dancing... Well so what... they don't know what they are missing, although a nice close dance with a loved one takes some beating too... Yeah you got it, I am a beatfreak! Never used to move ma body but these days I would much rather be out on the floor than next to the bar... Can't wait for the end of the month when we are planning a dirt bash at the track... should be fun dancing in the dirt... Although it is still technically winter we should keep everyone warm with the right music plenty to eat and some bonfires and OBS...
I think I will start seting up a cool playlist so as to give me some time on the floor/dirt.

Happy grateful by Ephemera is the reverse of the coin, I last heard that style in the '70's, almost like the
Yardbirds or Mama's and Papa's even like The Beach Boys. Cools song and downloadable on the website. I notice they played on David Bowie's gig last month in Bergen. The latest song Hey is Trip-Hop... Just downloaded it, so diffrent from earlier stuff, cool... real cool... I love it. I am glad they put some song on the site, I get funny looks when I ask for cd's of them here...
Bowie has always been a fav of mine although to date I have not bought any cd's exept one or two compilation's that had some of his songs included. Will have to rectify...
Ground control to major tom
Your circuit’s dead, there’s something wrong
Can you hear me, major tom?
Can you hear me, major tom?
Can you hear me, major tom?
Can you....

Here am I floating round my tin can
Far above the moon
Planet earth is blue
And there’s nothing I can do.


Space Oddity - One of my favourites from this gifted artist. That and a few other songs is where the idea of the name of this Blog originated... Will put them up when they come up on my playlist...
Boogie wonderland - Earth Wind and Fire has just popped up... What a great show that was, we went to see Boogie Nights a few weeks ago, great music from the Seventies, had us dancing in the isles by the end of the show. Great fun for all who love music from that era, hope they do one again next year.

Oh, the revelation thing? I have once again realised that one is on this dot to LIVE and not crawl away into a hole, hence the resurface thing, I want to be out there,
Loud and Proud and living life to the edge. The past is done and the future is now.
"I want to be a hunter again, want to see the world alone again, to take a chance on life again, so let me go. " Dido

No comments: