Monday, July 12, 2004

I hate mondays

First day back at work after a week off... why did I do it? Should have done as one old wag that used to work here... Always came back on a thursday just to take the friday and would be back the next wednesday. He said the looong weekend was a way to gradualy ease back into the daily grind... Sometimes I think that is the way to go... gently and gradually. But what the heck that does not get the adrenalin pumping!

I am all for progress but sometimes it does not make sense to chuck a system out that works for one that has more unknowns than a swiss cheese has holes... "If it ain't broke, don't fix it" is one of my standard axioms. I am ranting about our changeover to a certain new system that shall remain nameless, hope the bastards get bought out by Oracle... or even better by Bill himself!(Big evil grin)Then I can say "I told you so!"

Talk about bringing home the washing, enough shop talk... Lets talk about fun...

Spidey 2 is showing and I may just take an afternoon off this week and take in some arachnoid mayhem and madness. I have looked at the playlist and may just buy the soundtrack, love the lyrics of Hoobastank's Did you;

Did you say everything you could?
Do the things that you thought you would?
Did it ever occur to you that this could be your final day?

Did you go where you wanted to go?
Learn about what you wanted to know?
Did you ever really give something back instead of always taking it?

Did you find what your looking for?
Did you get your foot in the door?
Can you look at yourself and feel proud of all the things you've done?

Did you inspire the ones that you knew?
Make a difference to those who knew you?
Did you finally figure out what it is that makes us who we are today?

(Chorus)
Don't waste another day
You know I know where you get one
Don't waste another day
To do anything you haven't done


Great words that are very inspiring, makes one want to get up and bungeeeeee!

Picked up 2 more cd's yesterday as well, Maroon5 Songs about Jane and Placebo Without you I am nothing, Maroon is one of my daughter's fav bands and I love their music as well, two quess's where this cd will end up? Placebo has always facinated me with their style and lyrics, not a very popular band on the airwaves here but I dig them... Every you every me is one of my favourites as well as The bitter end wich has one of the best driving beats ever.

If I carry on like this I will HAVE to build that Industrial look entertainment centre just to store all the cd's. Polished steel shelves and rough wood with 12v open wiring lighting... Should look stunning...
Mmm that reminds me... I have 80 certificates to finish before Thursday.

Oh, one good thing about mondays... You can phone a work number and find out the mobile was out of airtime and Mom is much better!
Positivity works... What a crap word! I hate some of these newenglish speakeasy type words... sheesh why can't we use plain old fashioned words? Oh, dont make me go to txtspk! However having a consise txtspk dictionary does help and communicating in txtspk on a mobile makes a lot of sense but hey, don't use it in mail or reports... very unkewl. If you do run across this perloin it, purchase it or do whatever you have do to get your grubby hands on it so as to enable you to understand the person texting you; TXTmaniacs - published by Geddes & Grosset - ISBN 1 84205 178 4, well worth the £2.3 or R13.95 I paid at PaperWeight.

**If you could have another shot at it all would you do it just the same?** Hoobastank - Did you.

No comments: