Friday, July 16, 2004

Certain change is certain

WOW a new editor app... this is gonna be fun... and I had just gotten used to the old one... Cool Blogspot.com!
Now to get some work done... I am itching to get behind the keyboard this weekend... But first things first I suppose.

Girl like you - Edwyn Collins

I've never known a girl like you before
Now just like in a song from days of yore
Here you come a knockin', knockin' at my door
And I've never met a girl like you before
You give me just a taste so I want more and more
Now my hands are bleeding and my knees are raw
Now you've got me crawlin', crawlin' on the floor
And I've never met a girl like you before
You've made me acknowledge the devil in me
I hope to God I'm talkin' metaphorically
Hope that I'm talkin' allegorically
Know that I'm talkin' about the way I feel
And I've never known a girl like you before
Never, never, never, never Never known a girl like you before
This old town's changed so much
Don't feel like I belong
Too many protest singers
Not enough protest songs
And now you've come along
Yes you've come along And
I've never met a girl like you before

That sums it up in one song and so ends a chapter, verse, sentence and word.
"I've learned that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is be someone who can be loved. The rest is up to them."

No comments: