Wednesday, July 28, 2004

God is a DJ and Friends give U wings

Something that has always been a source of comfort and inspiration in my life is music, listening to Faithless and God is a DJ and then Pink with her song of the same title I realised it is true... God is a DJ and has given us an amazing gift in music and song, all human emotions rolled together with a beat and instruments to soothe the troubled soul and uplift... but, and always a but... the converse is also true, there is a lot of "music" out there that is the equivalent of pigswill... it poisons and infects if one only listens to this... thank goodness the effect is wiped out by the good stuff when one loves a wide range of genres... Also amazing to see how many rock bands have done ballad style songs like Hoobastank and The Reason, Limp Bizkit and Behind Blue Eyes and the list can carry on ad infinitum, it is then that one hears the guys can really sing! Ok, I am probably committing sacrelige by that last statement... so be it. I Love it when a Rock Star can prove be a crooner...
God is a DJ - Faithless (verse 2)
This is my church
This is where I heal my hurt
It's in the world I become
Content in the hum
Between voice and drum
It's in change
The poetic justice of cause and effect
Respect, love, compassion
This is my church
This is where I heal my hurt
For tonightGod is a DJ (3x)
This is my church (3x)

God is a DJ - Pink (chorus)
If God is a DJ
Life is a dance floor
Love is the rhythm
You are the music
If God is a DJ
Life is a dance floor
You get what you're given
It's all how you use it


I changed the order a tad today, first the music then the reflection. Yes it is how you use it that counts, do you use it to fall about in a tantrum or sulking like a spoilt brat? Or do you pick it up and see the opportunity, the joy the blessing even in adversity? Got an e-mail about a l'il fish today... made me realise that God's blessings are like a great big ocean and we are fishes swimming in it, sometimes we are to blind to see the fact that we are already there! Thanks N... and all my other friends out there on this Blue Dot.
Early to bed tonight, I need my subconcious mind to work on some issues that can only be sorted by a good nights rest. Will put my notepad on the nightstand... you never know what may strike me at four in the morn...
I think today's quote is very apt.
"We are, each of us angels with only one wing; and we can only fly by embracing one another." Luciano de Crescenzo

No comments: