Monday, August 06, 2007

Chilly August Night

As a counterpoint to Neil Diamond's concert and album, today was a miserable windy day and the weather forecast is even bleaker... thank goodness the bad weather has lifted somewhat in our lives though. I believe that it is partly due to the fact that I will not let bad things bring me down and make me start worrying, I hand the worry part over to my Problem Solver. He has a way of sorting things out in amazing ways.
We on Earth should also be thankful we do not have Martian weather, at present there are planet wide dust storms raging, I cannot imagine that here, we are blessed to have this Blue Dot to call our home. We should learn to look after it better but also keep in mind that a lot we see these days is not caused by our hand, sometimes that big old glowing ball in the sky gets a bit brighter... and heats up the whole Solar system...
Enough of that... I am so glad the KatieB's friend M was only shaken up in the crash that totalled his bakkie today, I really believe that a Guardian Angel had a hand in that close shave as well, another thing to say thank you for today!
Coming back to the title, my favourite song from Neil's album Hot August Night is Sweet Caroline, here are the words...
Sweet Caroline - Neil Diamond

Where it began, I can't begin to know when

But then I know it's growing strong
Oh, wasn't the spring, whooo
And spring became the summer
Who'd believe you'd come along

Hands, touching hands, reaching out
Touching me, touching you
Oh, sweet Caroline
Good times never seem so good
I've been inclined to believe it never would

And now I, I look at the night, whooo
And it don't seem so lonely
We fill it up with only two, oh
And when I hurt
Hurting runs off my shoulder
How can I hurt when holding you

Oh, one, touching one, reaching out
Touching me, touching you
Oh, sweet Caroline
Good times never seem so good
Oh I've been inclined to believe it never would

Ohhh, sweet Caroline, good times never seem so good

Funny how some of this songs words are sort of relevant to my current friendship, KatieB has been around in my motocross life circle since more or less when I started this blog but we have only recently really connected, sometimes you miss the tree for the woods I suppose but sooner or later you notice the one that has always been there like an Oak, dependable and strong. Sorry... that is not a good analogy at all for the lady in question! But I think she will understand what I mean. She has the knack to read my mind...

Oh the life circle idea? That is the circle of friends and acquaintances one has in one's life at work and play... Someting I may blog about one day, I have added it as a label so I suppose I am commited to do so some time?
"One of the things about being a grown-up is learning how to act right even when you feel wrong."
Sean Stewart, Perfect Circle, 2004

No comments: