Friday, August 31, 2007

How to spot an Angel

Easy peasy... be one! It was a pleasure helping you Donna... I'm pinching that picture by the way...
Seriously, one has to be in Angel mode to spot another Angel.
What is Angel mode you ask?
It is when you let yourself be open to help others and see life in a positive way.
When you have this attitude you see them everywhere... like the girl that helped me today at our new mall... as I took my last step off the steps from the parking I had this skid on my crutches... corrected and fortunately my brakes worked! Almost went down all akimbo... I had this fleeting glimpse of me ending up back in ER with multiple fractures... shades of Friday the seventeenth!
Gingerly I made my way to the table where the mall guides were seated, helping people with directions etc.
One of the girls took one look at my face and crutches and said "Take a seat while I organise a wheelchair... the floors are super slippery and we don't want you breaking more bones."
Talk about mind reading capabilities!

As I went to buy me some shorts I found out I can still do a mean wheelchair wheelie... Later when M and his girlfriend arrived I outpaced them on every floor we explored, had a lot of fun and exercise at the same time.
Here is a song from ABBA that sums up my view on the matter...
I have a dream - aka I believe in Angels
I have a dream, a song to sing
To help me cope with anything
If you see the wonder of a fairy tale
You can take the future even if you fail
I believe in angels
Something good in everything I see
I believe in angels
When I know the time is right for me
I’ll cross the stream - I have a dream

I have a dream, a fantasy
To help me through reality
And my destination makes it worth the while
Pushing through the darkness still another mile
I believe in angels
Something good in everything I see
I believe in angels
When I know the time is right for me
I’ll cross the stream - I have a dream
I’ll cross the stream - I have a dream

I have a dream, a song to sing
To help me cope with anything
If you see the wonder of a fairy tale
You can take the future even if you fail
I believe in angels
Something good in everything I see
I believe in angels
When I know the time is right for me
I’ll cross the stream - I have a dream
I’ll cross the stream - I have a dream

Man I wish they had never split up... but I digress...

There are a whole host of other Angels in my life, my kids, my family and my friends, each and every one is an Angel in some way or another. I also have my very special Angel friend KatieB, she always brightens up my day in some way or another... thank you for that. I just hope that I can be an Angel for her as well, it often pains me to see how busy she is at work and also being a single mom life is quite hectic. I am there for you and think you are doing a splendid job.

Before I go completely soppy let me just say, keep your eyes open... that may be an Angel in the car ahead of you in the 5pm traffic... you never know unless you learn to look.

"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers, for thereby some have entertained angels unawares." Bible, Hebrews xiii. 2.

No comments: