Tuesday, August 28, 2007

What happened on yours?

I do not usually take part in these meme things but this one over on Jock's place made me want to give it a bash. So here is mine for June 11...
Three Events That Occurred on My Birthday
1184 BC - Trojan War: Troy was sacked and burned, according to the calculations of Eratosthenes.
That is something I did not know! WOW
1776 - Continental Congress appoints Thomas Jefferson, John Adams, Benjamin Franklin, Roger Sherman, and Robert R. Livingston to a committee to draft a declaration of independence.
Cool!
1935 - Inventor Edwin Armstrong gives the first public demonstration of FM broadcasting in the United States, at Alpine, New Jersey.
And that was the start of the POP era and the springboard for music as we have it today as far as I am concerned.
Two People Who Share My Birthday
1910 - Jacques-Yves Cousteau, French explorer and inventor (d. 1997)
Cool!
1939 - Jackie Stewart, Scottish race car driver.
Never knew that my all time F1 hero was born on my birthday!
One Holiday Celebrated on My Birthday
Kamehameha Day, official state holiday of Hawaii, United States, in honor of its first monarch, celebrated with floral parades, hula competition, and festivals.
Always liked Hawaii...
Five People I'm Tagging;
The first five on my blogroll to respond... leave a note on the comments if you care to join in the fun.
Sorry but that is all I have for today... I quess the quote sums it up...
"Sometimes the mind, for reasons we don't necessarily understand, just decides to go to the store for a quart of milk." Diane Frolov and Andrew Schneider, Northern Exposure, Three Doctors, 1993

No comments: