Wednesday, August 01, 2007

Worthy

In a conversation via e-mail the subject of being worthy came up, this has been in my mind a while and I think today I will explain how I have come to believe that every person is worthy of not only respect from other people but that God deems them worthy.
I have this picture that was given to me during one of my times of self doubt. So here goes...
We all see the universe slightly differently because we all experience God differently but He is so concerned about every soul that He is able to be with each and every person as if it were that only they, God and the universe exists. Time and space do not exist to God as it does with us, he is able to be with everyone as if there was no time or distance. This to me is so amazing, this shows that His love is all encompassing and that He wants the best for all of us.
This love was manifest in His Son Jesus who came to remove the barrier of sin, guilt and remorse that we build up around us for things we have done as sinners. Because of this, we are once again connected on a one on one basis with God and His Universe he created for us so that we may know of His love for us. I believe that once a person realises this truth they can be the person that God intended, still a frail human but with the power that created all we see and all unseen by your side, how then can you not feel worthy or doubt that anything is not possible and that dreams cannot be fulfilled?
I do not claim to have all the answers but this one thing I know... God loves me... and you.
Phew... I do not usually talk about this in my blog but just feel that I had to say it, as I have experienced His love in my life in a very personal but amazing way and that I would truly be lost if I had not acknowledge that I needed Him to sit beside me every day. I am no Bible verse expert, I do not claim to be a regular worshipper nor am I a Holy man but I feel His presence with me every moment of my life and I can clearly see how this has shaped my views and life to date.
Today I close with more than one quote from people that I believe had the same vision I have been given...
"They say that God is everywhere, and yet we always think of Him as somewhat of a recluse." Emily Dickinson (1830 - 1886)
"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." Mother Teresa (1910 - 1997
"When a man takes one step toward God, God takes more steps toward that man than there are sands in the worlds of time." The Work of the Chariot
"Creativity is...seeing something that doesn't exist already. You need to find out how you can bring it into being and that way be a playmate with God." Michele Shea
"Gratitude is our most direct line to God and the angels. If we take the time, no matter how crazy and troubled we feel, we can find something to be thankful for." Terry Lynn Taylor
"It is difficult to make a man miserable while he feels worthy of himself and claims kindred to the great God who made him." Abraham Lincoln (1809 - 1865)

No comments: