Wednesday, August 15, 2007

On the wings of a nightingale

I have to do a presentation tomorrow, the rough draft is done but this week has been Monday version I, II and III... I just have not had the time to put more body to it, so tomorrow I wing it. Wish me luck.
Reminds me of this song from Nightwish, I found this excellent mix of the song, I just wish I could have put up the original as the vocals are stunning.

[via FoxyTunes / Nightwish]

Know why the Nightingale Sings

What does the free fall feel like?
Asks the boy with a spark in his eye
Know why the nightingale sings
Is the answer to everything

Taking a step to the world unbound
Spinning my fantasies all around
Freed from the gravital leash
I swear the heaven's in my reach

Dancing with the spirit of the air
In this ocean so so open and fair
Making love to the gods above
On my maiden voyage so bold

Landing safely to the blue lagoon
Don't know if this is the earth or the moon
Joy of living is no more a mask
The Eden I found will forever last

Migrating with the geese
My soul has finally found peace
Doesn't matter that man has no wings
As long as I hear the nightingale sing...

I had a home alone evening but decided to take a ride in the crisp night and after getting back from the ride I feel like the lyrics say "As long as I hear the nightingale sing" life is worth living. Tomorrow will be an adventure all it's own. Speaking of I am thinking of attending my first Biker rally in 20 odd years... the Rhino is on the 26th October and in the best part of the Free State for biking, Harrismith is close to Clarens/Golden Gate, possibly the closest to the twisties of the Cape that we have. It should be fun. Anyone want to pillion?
"Yea, he did fly upon the wings of the wind." Bible, Psalm xviii. 10.


No comments: