Friday, August 10, 2007

Drifting along but not stuck...

Took the day off to get some stuff that needed doing done and take M to the airport, the Lady Cheethas are playing in Cape Town this weekend and of course the fitness guru has to tag along! I am so proud of both my kids, every day they amaze me.
The way things in life work also amazes me, M always said he would be part of the Cheetah team one day, one way or another, well he is not on the team as a player but working his way up the ladder as a part of the support and coaching team. Hopefully he and the coach will move up to the under 19 team next year... the Baby Cheetahs. I think he will be part of the top team very soon as he seems to have gotten the ladies pretty fit so far, they have won all their games to date.

I also spoilt myself by having a haircut... actually cut is a misnomer... I had the edges trimmed so to speak, next time I am going Vin Diesel style... as there is so little on top these days. Sometimes you have to pamper yourself.
Then L and I went to the mall... and I found "All over the world" by Francois Hardy... the CD of one of my first LP Records I ever bought. So now I have my own MP3 of "Only you can do it"... listening to the album brought back a lot... and I think I know who to blame for making me a hopeless romantic...
Last mission of the day was to take M to the airport... a lot of the team were already there... he looked quite handsome in his Cheetah tracksuit as he herded the girls to the terminal...
Got hold of the dazzle vests I wanted for the next off road on the way back from the airport, must just get the logos and printing done next week.
Then I headed home, went for a shopping spin on Shrek and spent the rest of the evening doing what I hate most... Dishes!
I also managed to type some of the lyrics from the CD... it was easy as the words were already in my memory!

Another place - Hardy, More
Here in another place at another time I'm in love with you still.

Here while another face gazes into mine I remember the thrill.
If he should take your place would it be so wrong when I failed to be true.
I long for your embrace but it's been so long here alone without you.
Nights with no one there to meet, wandering down the emty street.
That's why, that's why, here am I.
Just about to fall for for him, all at once your face is here and it is all I see.

Here in this other place on another shore it's so lonely to wait.
Come to another place, love me as before, before it's too late,
Before it's too late.

Only you can do it - Blackwell
You make me feel like I've never been kissed before

Only you can do it
You make me feel like I want to be kissed forever more
Only you can do it

I don't know why I feel this way
I only know I like the way you hold me in your arms
Only you can do it

Only you can do it
Only you can do it
Only you can do what you're doing to me

I walk along town with my head held up so high
Only you can do it
My feet are on the ground but I feel like I'm touching the sky
Only you can do it

I don't know why I feel this way
I only know I like the way you hold me in your arms
Only you can do it

Only you can do it
Only you can do it
Only you can do what you're doing to me

I don't know why I feel this way
I only know I like the way you hold me in your arms
Only you can do it

Only you can do it
Only you can do it
Only you can do what you're doing to me

It's my heart - Hardy, Meridith
I know you don't love me and you often say you'd would be better of without me in your way.
Although you don't love me and it may be true, it's my life and you can't stop me loving you.
It's my life, I must live it, 'cause I'm living my life for you, just you.
It's my heart, I can give it, and I'm giving my heart to you, just you.

Someday you may need me and perhaps you'll see that life can be very lonely when youre free.
You may find you've lost me, you'll be on your own, you may find out when I'm gone
It's your life you must live it, just as I once lived mine for you, just you.
It's your heart, you may give it, when I have nothing left for you.


So as I drift off to sleep I will probably have a few songs spinning around in my head... taking me down memory lane... another good day hunting.
"Men are afraid to rock the boat in which they hope to drift safely through life's currents, when, actually, the boat is stuck on a sandbar. They would be better off to rock the boat and try to shake it loose." Thomas Szasz

No comments: