Wednesday, August 22, 2007

I am soooooo busted

Today has been one of the most amazing days... I will also be shot by my doctor if he hears about it too.
Last week part of my system went missing and we found that no one had taken into account that my system's cables also ran through the new computer lab site... so when this happened we we quickly applied Occam's razor and had new cable ordered and arranged for installation asap... but in the meantime I went and had my skid.
So this morning the techie phones and asked me where the cable must be put in... I ended up on site and together we sorted out the new installation. I thought it would be a quick hour at the most then I could be back home again.
In the meantime my assistant came down with a bad case of flu with side effects of gastritis... not good, so a lady who has no idea of how our two jobs are done gets thrown into the pool.
I just could not leave her to the tender mercy of the sharks and spent the better part of the morning till way past lunch giving her a crash course to hold the fort until my assistant gets back. As I have been booked off till the end of September myself it is going to be interesting to see how things work out... maybe my request for more staff will be considered this time?
As I was explaining the last few details to her who walks in but KatieB... With a smile and a "And just what are you doing here?" look, I was busted... at least she took me home and gave me a wonderful foot rub and the keys to her castle as we browsed the blogs we like together. Thanks again for being my best friend, I really enjoy your company as well, nay, sometimes I crave it. We never seem to exhaust the variety of topics but sometimes just being together not saying anything is like a symphony.
I believe having someone that you can talk and listen to without fear is one of the most amazing gifts one can have in life and should be cherished both in good times and in bad. We sure are having our fair share of variety at present.
"Everything I did in my life that was worthwhile I caught hell for." Earl Warren (1891 - 1974)

No comments: